Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kylie Gets Animated!

I feel like a bad Kylie fan. I didn't even know Parlophone was running a competition to find the best fan made "Speakerphone" video until I came across this brilliant animation on Trip The Switch. Seriously, who needs a professional clip when people can whip up shit like this on their home computer? Rudolph Pap (the animator) effortlessly captures the essence of "Speakerphone" and amusingly portrays Kylie as an evil mythological figure who (literally) draws hot men to their death with her beauty and sexual wiles. Andres Velencoso - run while you still can! All jokes aside, I honestly think this is a work of art. I love that animated Kylie spends most of the clip floating around naked and the big finale is wonderfully dark and twisted. Unfortunately, some of the more humourless members of Al Kylieda are up in arms over Rudolph's video but I hope common sense prevails. This is in a different league to the other entries and it deserves to be played before Kylie's Hollywood Bowl concert (which is the grand prize). If only the artist would turn his attention to Dannii!

No comments:

Post a Comment