Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shena's Latest Disco Triumph!

The video for the third single from Shena's soon to be released debut album has just hit the internet and it's every bit as brilliant as we've come to expect from the Queen of nu-disco! I thought the fabulousness of "Can't Stop The Rain" and "My Fantasy" would be impossible to top but "Nasty Little Rumour" manages to raise the bar even further. Shena's latest anthem is another incredibly authentic three minute trip to disco heaven but this time around the song incorporates some contemporary elements that extend its appeal far beyond the realm of disco enthusiasts. "Nasty Little Rumour" is the kind of instantly catchy retro kitsch that Girls Aloud or the Sugababes would kill for. Maybe Shena should go into hiding because I wouldn't put anything past Cheryl Cole! Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that unlike the previous singles, I can easily imagine this on commercial radio. "Nasty Little Rumour" is a perfect summer jam with its big, beautiful chorus and infectious beats.

Shena has also delivered another amazing video. There is so much fierceness on display in this clip that it could blind non-gays and less than fabulous females. I just love everything about it. The styling is brilliant - Shena and her backing dancers (I'm pretty sure they are Shena's smoking hot sisters) look phenomenal and I love all the 70s influences. The scene in the hairdressing salon and restaurant are too camp for words and it seems appropriate that the grand finale take place in a nightclub that looks strangely familiar. I think I burned up that East London dancefloor when I was in UK! "Nasty Little Rumour" brings some much needed fun and glamour back into the increasingly dull and pretentious pop scene. I really hope things click for Shena this time because she's too fabulous to remain an underground pop sensation! Her debut album "One Man Woman" is released on the 31st of August, pre-order your copy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment